(ASCEND) Ascend Serial $$$

Couple of questions that pop to mind, I know often it's really necessary to
know which version of load to use based on serial number (as well as unit
type/capabilities). I got all that info in various upgrade text files along
the way.  The questions I don't have answered, and have never seen posed to
the list while I've been on it.  These questions are in relation to
PipeLine product series in general.

1.  What is a "R" xxxxxx  serial number?   A unit that has been repo'd
<grin>  Just guessing, I'd say it was one that might have been repaired? by
Ascend in/out of warranty?

2.  Is there somewhere on Ascend's site to check to see if a unit is still
in warranty (based on serial number I'd assume).  Are warranties transferable?

3.  If a upgrade hash code is purchased to upgrade one of the newer P50's
that come with the Pots on the main board, is a new sticker (and serial
number) assigned as part of the upgrade process?  The reason I ask this is
that I see many P75's that all are marked P50 on the main board, a serial
number on the main board, but it doesn't match the serial number on the
sticker on the base of the units.. Is that normal?

Thanks before hand.