Re: (ASCEND) way to get into MAX

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Wilson Afonso wrote:

> On the other hand, I've seen a very strange thing happening to a TNT...
> user has Win95, dial-up networking configured to show him a "terminal"
> window after connecting.  User then types in his username and password,
> and the TNT gleefully responds with "ascend% ".  Yes, a command prompt.

This strikes me as correct behavior, the MAXes do the same thing.  When
the Ascend unit detects PPP encapsulation on the modem, then it sets up a
PPP connection, but when it detects no such encapsulation, it goes to a
regular old terminal-server connection.  I don't see a problem here, the
user can't do anything dangerous from the terminal server anyway (other
than see who's logged in and some routing information).