Re: (ASCEND) 6.0b2 experience

From: Jens Glaser <jens@baghira.regio.net>

>Hi,
>
>I wouldn't recommend trying 6.0b2 on a production router! The router's
>uptime didn't exceed an hour.

<errors deleted>

First off, I distincly remember something about Ascend reccomending that
we do not installing this on a production box.  That it was intended for
lab work only.

We don't have the money at this point to set up a lab, so we upgraded a
max that was only handling an overflow PRI (gets a few calls a day), and
after watching it for a couple days, and seeing it perform, we upgraded
the other max a couple days ago.  It's been stable so far, one box is a
4048, the other is a 4004.

(4048)
MAX# sh rev
A633-02 system revision:  ?tik.m40 6.0b2
MAX# sh up
system uptime: up 4 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes, 42 seconds

(4004)
MAX# sh rev
A633-01 system revision:  ?tik.m40 6.0b2
MAX# sh up
system uptime: up 2 days, 1 hours, 34 minutes, 52 seconds

Only question I have, is about the restricted and extended loads... I
guess I could read the docs to learn more about that stuff :)

--
  Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
  Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services