(ASCEND) way to get into MAX

I have run into this dilemma more than once, so I
thought I'd ask if anybody else has figured out a
way around it.

Let's say I have a MAX terminal server connected to
a remote node and the WAN link fails.  The MAX is
configured to authenticate via RADIUS and there are
no static connection profiles loaded on the MAX.

Is there a way (minus loading a static connection
profile on the MAX) to get to command prompt after
dialing into the unit.  IE: Is there an 'override'
username/password on these devices which only
works when remote authentication server times out?

If not, that's fine - it's just that I've forgotten
to load in the static connection profile for emergencies
once too often and I was hoping there was another
way into the device.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.