Re: (ASCEND) Q: Status of OSPF in 5.0Ap36

In article <v03130302b0f132a698ae@[206.40.74.10]> you wrote:

>The thing about this particular case is that, given OSPF's spotty
>reliability, people have been having to start OSPF up again because it just
>quit, not necessarily because they made a configuration change.

If Kevin is right, with a little luck this is fixed with 5.0Ap42.

>I recently had a case where an Ascend support person inadvertantly left
>OSPF off in a profile after he was done testing something. I found it later
>when people started complaining, and it required rebooting the Max to get
>OSPF going again. Therefore, a problem that affected a small percentage of
>connected customers caused everyone to get booted.

Basically it's just bad design if a reboot is needed to enable/disable
a feature or setting. It appears that not only some? OSPF changes need a
reboot, according to my experiences pool summary also requires a reboot
(at least in the recent patch releases, see separate thread).
Just a side note, if the documentation mentioned the mandatory reboot
(should be in the release notes as well, IMHO) the issue would be somewhat
less annoying. It took me quite some time to figure it out, and some guts
to just reboot the box with users connected etc...

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <oj@nexus.flensbone.net>