Re: (ASCEND) P130 and T1

We have been using the P-130 on our T1 for over 2 years. the only gripe i
have is sometimes when i telnet to the router, it causes a
reboot. Pisses me off, cause with our telco, the line doesn't come back up
for at least 3+ mins. Our telco has a cisco on the other end.
Plus were bridging the p130 with another p-130 so i have to turn that
connection profile off, so the line can come back up AT ALL, AND MOST of
the time when this reboot happens it looses it default route so i have to
completely remove the default route, put something in there.. reboot.. then
change it back..( crazy huh?)
But other than that.. i have no CRC errors or anything.. ( I just don't
telnet into it often) Hehehehe.. but all these things might be because
were running 4.6A.. will upgrade soon.. maybe it would clear that
telnet rebooting problem and lost of default route problem..

At 12:06 PM 1/25/98 -0600, Miles Lott wrote:
>Well, that is the answer I didn't want to hear:)  Hopefully, there
>are some successful installs out there?  I suppose we could try to
>make a case for an exchange since we bought this through the ISP.
>Or we could jump off to another service with the Cisco/ADC setup.
>I can't see continuing with this if it will not be reliable at T1
>speeds.
>TTYL
>
>On Sun, 25 Jan 1998, Bob Roswell wrote:
>
>> We had  a customer using the P-130s on a T-1 Line. and switched to
Cisco's.
>> The P-130 is much more cost effective particularly if you want and ISDN
>> backup....
>> But the rock solid reliability is not there.  With the P-130's we
>> intermittently get a huge number of CRC errors.  Rebooting one or  the
>> other P-130's
>> fixed the problem -- until it reappeared.  Since we went with Cisco
Routers