Re: (ASCEND) Max 1800 with 5.0Ap16, Error Code #164

Thanks for the response.

More questions below.

Kevin A. Smith wrote:

> >When it crashes and we try to go to the terminal server
> >mode, it comes up with an error message "#164".  Does
> >anyone know what this code means?  I've been unable to
> >find it in the manuals or on Ascend's web site.
>
> From: Billie Alsup (A godlike creature in the engineering group ;)
>
> "Terminal server not available"
>
> he's trying to get into the terminal server (from the
> LCD screen), and it is failing.  possible reasons
> include:
>
> a. terminal server is disabled
>        ethernet->mod config->Tserv options...->TS enabled=no

Checked this one, it is enabled.

> b. there are too many terminal server sessions in use

Should be no other sessions in use since we had rebooted it.

> c. we're low on memory and couldn't allocate the data structures
>    needed for a new terminal server

Would this cause it to also stop responding on the ethernet
interface?  How do I check for that?  I would imagine all the
memory would be cleared after a reboot.