Re: (ASCEND) Interest poll for comp.dcom.sys.ascend

In article <v03130301b0ea7d74f98c@[206.40.74.10]> you wrote:

>Yes, people need to be able to find this resource, but that's easily fixed
>by making it more prominent on Ascend's site, if it isn't already.

If I remember right the German Ascend site is actually promoting the German
language mailing list. Not a bad idea, if you ask me :)

>I think this mailing list is doing the job nicely, and, like Kevin, I don't
>want to have to monitor a second source.

Same here. The Cisco list is an example of what can happen. I subscribed to
the list, which like this one is a very useful source of information.
A few weeks ago I posted there (once) and my mail got forwarded to
comp.dcom.sys.cisco (or whatever the newsgroup is called), which can't
really be the point of having a list *and* a newsgroup.

>My vote is not to have an Ascend newsgroup.

I fear if there should be one, it will not be able to offer (to the reader)
what this list does.

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <oj@nexus.flensbone.net>