(ASCEND) Re: ascend-users-digest V96 #981

This may or may not be true; your mileage may vary.  I have upgraded many
4.x Pipelines directly to the latest version of 5.1Apx without losing your
settings.

On the other hand I have also heard of this happening (where it loses your
settings).

The only thing I do is set (in the Telco Options) to Perm/Switched before
I do the upgrade so that the router comes back up when I upload the
firmware.

Then I go into debug mode, to a tloadcode, perform an fsave, and then
nvramclear the router.  I have yet to have the upgrade process fail from
4.x to 5.1Apx

-Rob-