(ASCEND) Pool summary not working, any ideas?

>> From: Phillip Vandry <vandry@Mlink.NET>
>> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 10:03:34 -0500 (EST)
>> Subject: Re: (ASCEND) Pool summary not working, any ideas?
>> No, that is not the problem.
>>
>> Do you have a static route for 194.64.165.0/27?
>>
>> To use Pool summary, you need to define the pool, and you also need to
>> define the same range as a static route that goes into the reject
>> interface (127.0.0.2 = rj0).
>>
>> - -Phil
>>
>>To use Pool summary, you need to define the pool, and you also need to
>>define the same range as a static route that goes into the reject
>>interface (127.0.0.2 = rj0).
>
>That was it, thanks a bunch for that information! The pool-summary now
>works as advertized :)
>BTW, I used the following static route entry. I'm just wondering, are
>the  default settings (especially metric and/or preference) ok or
>should they be "fine-tuned"?
>
>90-401
> x Name=pool_1
> x Active=Yes
> x Dest=194.64.165.0/27
> x Gateway=127.0.0.2
> x Metric=8
> x Preference=100
> x Private=No
> x Ospf-Cost=1
> x ASE-type=Type1
> x ASE-tag=c0000000
> x>Third-Party=No

I'm glad this is working for you but I did not have to make such a
static route.  I doublechecked just to make sure I wasn't suffering from
brain damage.  Anybody know why this might work for some and not for
others?  These routes were all created by the Pool Summary command for
me...

fyi%sh ip route 206.113.121.192

Destination        Gateway         IF       Flg   Pref Met     Use
Age
206.113.121.192/26 206.113.119.24  ie0      OG      10   2    2688
13813

fyi%sh ip route 206.113.121.0

Destination        Gateway         IF       Flg   Pref Met     Use
Age
206.113.121.0/26   206.113.119.21  ie0      OG      10   2       0
13841

fyi%sh ip route 206.113.121.128

Destination        Gateway         IF       Flg   Pref Met     Use
Age
206.113.121.128/26 -               rj0      C        0   0    4701
97008

Todd Bishop
Unicom Communications, Inc.