(ASCEND) Interest poll for comp.dcom.sys.ascend

My thanks to Dave Rand for allowing me to post this here.

With the recent creation of the comp.dcom.sys.bay-networks (formerly
comp.dcom.sys.wellfleet) and comp.dcom.sys.nortel newsgroups, added to
the existing comp.dcom.sys.cisco group, there is getting to be a good
selection of newsgroups in which one can find vendor-specific help on a
variety of telecommunications equipment.  A group that specifically
addresses Ascend products is conspicuously absent.

Since November of 1997, when I became aware of the RFDs for the
bay-networks and nortel groups, I have been considering issuing an RFD
for comp.dcom.sys.ascend.  However, it is an integral part of the
process to provide proof that the proposed group would be likely to be
used.  To that end, I come here.

Although I use Ascend MAXs and Pipelines, I was unaware of this mailing
list until recently; it seems reasonable to me to think that perhaps
there are other people in a similiar situation.

I'm extremely interested in gathering your reactions to the proposed
group.  For those of you unfamiliar with the newsgroup creation process,
you can find more information at:

ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-hierarchy/news/groups/How_to_Create_a_New_Usene
t_Newsgroup
http://www.uvv.org/

I am willing to do all the work associated with being the proponent of
the group -- writing the RFD(s), filling out the associated
questionnaires, etc. -- and am eager to hear any feedback you might
have.  If you don't think there's a need for this group, let me know.
That is, after all, the exact information that I am trying to gather.

Thanks for your time.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin@premier1.net>
Chief Systems Administrator