Re: (ASCEND) Interest poll for comp.dcom.sys.ascend

At 12:30 PM 1/19/98 -0800, Devin Ganger wrote:

>My thanks to Dave Rand for allowing me to post this here.
>
>With the recent creation of the comp.dcom.sys.bay-networks (formerly
>comp.dcom.sys.wellfleet) and comp.dcom.sys.nortel newsgroups, added to
>the existing comp.dcom.sys.cisco group, there is getting to be a good
>selection of newsgroups in which one can find vendor-specific help on a
>variety of telecommunications equipment.  A group that specifically
>addresses Ascend products is conspicuously absent.

I had the same thought a few years ago, but there wasn't enough interest.
But I also saw the new Bay and Nortel groups and perhaps it is time now to
do an RFD. Simply for allowing a wider group of people to participate is
reason enough.

I appreciate the offer since it wouldn't be appropriate (IMHO) for an
Ascend employee to do this.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com