Re: (ASCEND) Max4048 and PPTP

At 11:24 PM 1/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I don't know what is going on with thier PPTP protocol so i can comment on
>that one. I was just wondering if NT was up to the task. You say it works so
>i'll tip my hat.

It is my belief that NT can accomidate this minor throughput level, but again
I am new to this protocol. Ascend has told me that it is a Microsoft problem,
Microsoft has told me that it is an Ascend problem, Lucent (who we bought this
from, and assured us it would be a simple plug and play deal) say's this is
way above their heads. Where does one go at this point? I see alot of finger
pointing, but no effort being made to solve the actual problem! Am I truly the
first person on earth to do this?!?!?

I guess I have no choice but to wait for Ascends "we might have a solution in
a MONTH AND A HALF" approach, but after dropping $20,000+ into Ascends
pockets,
I would expect a slightly better support plan than "I dunno"!!

But, I do appreciate the responses to this thread, most notably from Leon and
Stanley. These two kind souls have provided more support in a weekend than
Ascend has provided in a month (yes, this has been going on since before
Christmas). Thank you guy's, and if I can ever return the favor, just ask!!!

John Miglio