Re: (ASCEND) SNMP for Max4004

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Brett Hawn wrote:

> even listening sockets take some cpu and memory, and the 4004 is lacking in
> both, always has been. Not to mention both are still piss poor methods, mine
> however is much more scalable.

 I guess it simply falls into personal experience at this point, as I have
not seen any problems with using cexample.. And I would rather not pass
plaintext passwords and such over a network via telnet..(Cexample could
very well do the same, I have not looked at the source for it at all, but
at least with the radius server, you can have control over what ip can and
cannot send radius commands to the max..)

---
Jason Ackley