(ASCEND) Re: 5.1Ap9 for Pipelines (features and Linux setup as well)

This reminds me of numerous questions I have about my new P75 :-)

1) to reiterate, when will caller ID be passed to the POTs ports or the LAN?

2) I have not played with syslog yet but I wonder if there is any convenient way
to do call screening, logging and monitoring through the P75? My Netcommander
would pop up a window when a voice call came in showing the calling number and
it kept a log as well.

3) Is there any easy way to monitor throughput in either the Win95 or Linux
environments. On a similar vein is their any simple way to determine the current
connection parameters like (PPP, MP, MPP), (Compression?), (DBA?) or is all this
stuff reported in syslog. And if so can I monotor it from Win95?

4) Will I ever be able to put my ISDN line "off hook- busy" at will via my P75
to facilitate some additional flexiblity in call features?

5) Will any distinctive ring features ever be available for this box?

>Any idea when the fix for Traceroute not working when using NAT and
>Caller-ID not being passed through the POTs ports (TR2402 I think) for
>the P75 will be released?
>
>Thanks.

I know that the focus of this product is not to create a home office "swiss army
knife" for communications but it sure seems like the potential is there. The P75
does many things better than my Netcommander did them. I can now run Linux and
even turn off my computer without loosing my phone :-) On the other hand the
Netcommander offered things that the P75 does not (different focus).
	I am having some trouble getting Linux to talk to my P75. As far as I
can tell it looks like now that I can PING the P75 I should only have to modify
a couple of /etc/?? files? The P75 is the only device connected to my ethernet.
If anyone has a similar setup I could sure use some tips. I think part of the
trouble might be that eth0 is coming up 192.168.100.0 and I seem to remember
something about it needing to be 192.168.100."100" or greater ??

--thanx

Mark Moorcroft          sevenup@slip.net        KF6NTD
     Actual home             Silicon Valley
            Virtual home         www.slip.net/~sevenup