Re: (ASCEND) Q:consistency of multiple radius servers

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Daniel Wesemann wrote:

> 1) how do I keep the users file on both servers consistent ? edit one
> and distribute it by rcp or something ? I don't like the idea of rcp-ing
> a file containing cleartext passwords...

 You may wish to investigate the SSH package, it contains scp, an
encrypted version of rcp, as well as being able to setup RSA keys for
trusted users/hosts. Goto http://www.cs.hut.fi/ssh for more info.

> 2) I have a home-made perl script converting the detail file into a HTML
> table. with two servers, I will have to watch two detail files. or shall
> i have the servers write to a common (NFS) directory ?  doesn't make
> much sense, I'd say...

  The detail file is created on teh accounting server, so if you keep
  all your terminal servers pointing to one accounting server, it
  will be centralized and only have to go through one directory for
  the detail files.

------
Jason Ackley