Re: (ASCEND) AP20 and Compaq 56K Modems

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> I've got a customer with a similiar issue on a Compaq *desktop*.
> No matter what he does, he can't talk to Ascend TNT, ap17.
>
> We were trying to figure out who they OEM'd the modem from and
> all we got was a code "LT". Lucent? Dunno. Any help appreciated.

Do you mean the Lucent LT Winmodem 56k?  It comes with certain models of
Compaq's, Aptiva's, and HP Pavillions.  Never been able to find a manual
for the thing on the web anywhere, but one can a) have him try updating
the firmware to v4.15 (links to that version can be found at
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/cs/#lucent), and/or b) disable 56k by adding
s38=0 to the init string.  Actually, it might be best to try b) first to
get him online so he can get the drivers...