Re: (ASCEND) AP20 and Compaq 56K Modems

I've got a customer with a similiar issue on a Compaq *desktop*.
No matter what he does, he can't talk to Ascend TNT, ap17.

We were trying to figure out who they OEM'd the modem from and
all we got was a code "LT". Lucent? Dunno. Any help appreciated.

At 07:56 AM 06-01-98 -0500, George Baker wrote:
>Due to postings on this list I have chosen to stay with Ap20 on my Maxes.
>It seems to be the most stable to date. Yesterday, however, I had a user
>call in with a brand new Compaq laptop with an internal 56K modem.  He was
>unable to get a connection faster than 26400.  I know his phone lines are
>fine as he able to connect to Mindspring at 28800 with the same modem.
>
>Does anyone know if the latest Rockwell firmware doesn't talk properly to
>AP20 or
>if there are any problems with the Compaq Laptop modems?
>
>George
>City Online
>1204 Main St. Suite 200
>Columbia, SC 29201
>Voice: (803)748-9975
>Fax:   (803)748-8684
>Tech Support: (803)748-9975
>Tech Support is available:	Monday Thru Friday from 2 P.M. to 12 P.M. est
>				Saturday  10 A.M. to 12 P.M. est
>				Sunday    1 P.M. to 6 P.M. est

Regards,

--
Martin Hannigan                       hannigan@xcom.net
Director of Data Networks             V:617.500.0108