Re: (ASCEND) AP20 and Compaq 56K Modems

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> I've got a customer with a similiar issue on a Compaq *desktop*.
> No matter what he does, he can't talk to Ascend TNT, ap17.
>
> We were trying to figure out who they OEM'd the modem from and
> all we got was a code "LT". Lucent? Dunno. Any help appreciated.

Yah, Lucent.  We had one of these a couple of months ago.  Tried getting
updated firmware from Compaq that would support K56flex, but they were
totally and completely clueless.  One droid wanted to send EPROMS (nice
trick) but couldn't find the part number, imagine that.  The others either
denied the existence of the modem or knew nothing about it.  Customer got
fed up with them, bought an E-Tech Bullet 56K, works fine.  We have not
checked Compaq to see if they have yet unearthed a clue.

		Dale