(ASCEND) AP20 and Compaq 56K Modems

Due to postings on this list I have chosen to stay with Ap20 on my Maxes.
It seems to be the most stable to date. Yesterday, however, I had a user
call in with a brand new Compaq laptop with an internal 56K modem.  He was
unable to get a connection faster than 26400.  I know his phone lines are
fine as he able to connect to Mindspring at 28800 with the same modem.

Does anyone know if the latest Rockwell firmware doesn't talk properly to
AP20 or
if there are any problems with the Compaq Laptop modems?

George
City Online
1204 Main St. Suite 200
Columbia, SC 29201
Voice: (803)748-9975
Fax:   (803)748-8684
Tech Support: (803)748-9975
Tech Support is available:	Monday Thru Friday from 2 P.M. to 12 P.M. est
				Saturday  10 A.M. to 12 P.M. est
				Sunday    1 P.M. to 6 P.M. est