RE: (ASCEND) Ethernet problem on 6096 (6.1.7)

Quickly becoming a monolog, but what the hell...

I've so far received 2 votes for RMA.  That's an option, but not on
weekends.

12 hours ago, I flashed from 6.1.7 to 7.0.22, and so far all seems well.

The biggest surprise came when the box survived the flashing with it's
configuration intact, a first for me.

Having kept a close eye on it, I have noticed that this box is timing out on
tcp connections a lot more than it should.  So far, telnet to the box has
timed out several times, and there have been several timeouts from MRTG
while trying to pull stats from the box.  The 6000's rackmates (4004 and
4048) are both working without problems, so I'm confidant that the network
infrastructure is ok.

This is in addition to our other 2 6000's, one that lost it's configuration
and the other that went completely dead.  Ascend isn't looking too good
right now.  I wish there were some viable options out there.

I'd almost rather trust an NT box with one of those funky ISDN/PRI cards
than these 6000's, and that's saying a lot, because I don't really trust NT
with anything.

I'm out,

Troy Settle
iPlus Internet Services