RE: (ASCEND) P50 -> P400 Speeds

Ken Kirchner cast electrons in the following form:
| Hello,
|
| Can anyone speculate as to the validity of this claim: "When my P50
| (128k ISDN) was connected to so-and-so's P400, I regularly got 500KB/s
| transfers of my web logs."

        Some data streams are more compressable then others.  Sending all
zeros, or a log file that is mostly text and white space, will give you much
better compression ratios then a string of random data or something that has
already been compressed.

        Documented compression ratios for devices are usually an average, plus
a bit of marketing hype.  Sure, you can do better but you can also do worse.
It all depends on your data stream and the hype factor.

---
Jeff Hupp <jhupp@gensys.com>
PGP Public key available on the key servers.
There are four kinds of homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable,
and maritorious ...