Re: (ASCEND) New Max/TNT/Pipeline HTML docs (fwd)

At 11:03 1998/04/25 -0700, MegaZone wrote:
>Once upon a time Matt Holdrege shaped the electrons to say...
>>finished a very large job. They have released the doc set for Max 6.0,
>>Pipeline 6.0 and TNT 2.0. You can ftp your own copy in HTML to load on your

>Nice - Any chance of PDF for those of us who are fogeys and like to hold
>paper to read?

I too hope that this is just the prelude to the real docs being available
in PDF or PostScript, after all Ascend has been printing this stuff for
including
in new units shipped, and the PDFs have aparently just been "Print to
Acrobat" copies.

>>But don't wait, these are large files and we won't keep them on our very
>>busy FTP server for too long.

>Huh?  Sorry, this just doesn't make sense.  If it is a useful resource,
>room should be found.  If the FTP server can't swing it, then a better
>server - or multiple servers - could.  Doesn't it make sense to have the

agreed, if Ascend doesn't want them on their web site,
I believe Jason Nealis offered to put them on his FAQ site.

I always hate to have to say it, but: "Cisco does this already" in HTML and
PDF,
and they keep all the old versions available after new releases...

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D