Re: (ASCEND) The Continuing Saga Of The Inexplicable Fast Busies

On Sat, Apr 25, 1998 at 01:17:36AM -0400, William T Wilson wrote:

> When the "fast busy" problem is taking place, the calls never show up as
> incoming calls in the 00-200 status window.  I am not familiar with the
> appropriate debugging commands to get any more detailed information than
> that about the ISDN system.

You should go to debug and give it a

pridis 64

which will log the first 64 bytes of every D-channel frame the Max
receives or sends. You then look out whether calls are coming in at
all - i.e. whether you see a SETUP message. If you don't see SETUPs
it is clearly a telco issue. If you see them but the Max doesn't take
them, it is a Max issue. I have so far only seen one case where the
Max was ignoring SETUPs, that was under the infamous HDLC Bug releases
(5.0Ap16 - p27) when the bug actually strikes. But this is an ISDN only
bug, and you may have other software.

If it turns out to be the telco (it appears so) than you should call the
Max with an ISDN end device able to log cause codes. I'd expect that
you get cause 34 (No circuit/channel available). This simply means your
telco has not enough capacity to route enough B-channels to you.

BTW, if you can't read DSS1 frames from the hex, I have an alpha analyzer
that might help. See http://www.ibh.de/~beck/stuff/dtrace

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck  (ABPSoft)   AB10-RIPE   XLink PoP Dresden | o |