Re: (ASCEND) Interesting Problem

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Tyler Myers wrote:

  : I'v gota customer that is able to connect, get authenticated, and get an
  : IP.  Once on-line they have no problems accessing things on our network.
  : When they try to access anything outside our network nada.  They can't
  : ping anything outside our network and I can't ping them from anywhere
  : outside either.
  :

I know this will sound ridiculous, but to me it is typical buggy win95.
We had a customer with the same problem and we tried everything including
reinstalling TCP/IP and the modem drivers.  Nothing we tried worked until
we deleted their Temporary Internet files from IE.  Then everything was
cured immediately....

- Del