Re: (ASCEND) status of v.90

At 17:59 1998/04/24 -0400, Steve Camas wrote:
>Every time someone asks about the V.90 beta code, it seems like the
>response is frequently akin to "I could tell ya but I promised not to
>tell... I know something you don't know -- naa naa ni naa naa... I've got
>a secret... naa naa ni naa naa..."

sorry, I thought it was better than if noone replied at all,
and gave the impression that we didn't care...

I'm not even sure we are supposed to disclose that we are
even running beta code to anyone but ascend and "need to know"
NOC staff, but that just seems silly.

I did express to Ascend support before that I felt that this
email list was not really "public" and that I hoped they would clarify
whether beta customers could compare problems amongst themselves,
and I believe Matt Holdrege did say he felt it was OK,
but I don't believe this was official work from high command.

Without really divulging any information on the beta itself,
I can say that I have not removed it and downgraded to another version. ;^)

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D