Re: (ASCEND) Ascend SNMP Enterprise/16 trap?

> Bruce Robertson wrote:
> ]
> ]What is the meaning of the Ascend Enterprise/16 trap?  My
> ]interpretation of the description seems to imply that I'm losing
> ]Radius accounting records,
>
> I researched this before....  unfortunately i can't find the document
> that i found the answer in - but as i recall i came to the conclusion
> that "events" are not "accounting records".  i'm sure someone else
> can elaborate.  (we see that trap too, but have come to the conclusion
> that we don't need to worry about it).
>
> -- Following eventTableOverwrite trap is an error event.
>
>     eventTableOverwrite TRAP-TYPE
>         ENTERPRISE      ascend
>         DESCRIPTION     "A new event has overwritten an unread event.

The event table stores information about calls a bit similar to RADIUS
accounting information. This table is organized as a ring buffer and
can be queried via SNMP.

This trap indicates that the ring buffer has overflowed, and the newest
entry in the table has overwritten the oldest.

You can ignore this trap if you are not using the SNMP eventGroup.

You can query the size of the event table (which will be a clue as to
how often this trap is going to happen) by asking for
eventMaximumNumberOfEvents.0. On one of my Maxen, it is 1576.

See Ascend's event.mib for details.

-Phil