Re: (ASCEND) Re: GRF problems with gated

At 08:50 PM 04/07/1998 +0100, Neil J. McRae wrote:
> <<< SNIP >>>
> Oh and it would be
>nice if no ip-directed broadcast was a feature and that the filterd could
>filter packets other than tcp or udp such as GRE.  Of course what
>would be really nice is for Ascend to reply to the countless emails
>myself and my team have sent them on these issues.
> << SNIP >>>
>Regards,
>Neil.
>--
>Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.
>neil@DOMINO.ORG    NetBSD-1.3 released! ftp://ftp.uk.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD

On the topic of filterd, does anyone have examples of filterd.conf rules
that they are using to block out the more popular Denial of Service attacks?
How about filters that will keep customers from initiating Denial of Service
attacks against systems on the Internet?

This sounds like something that would be real nice to have Ascend maintain
on their site and make available to other GRF users.

Dan
--
Dan Watts
Vitts Networks