Re: (ASCEND) bridisplay

On Tue, Apr 07, 1998 at 06:10:58PM -0400, Jason Nealis wrote:

>  You should get in touch with Ascend, They have a utility that will decode
> the display and dump it to straight english so you can see all the Q931
> messages and etc.. Most Ascend SE's have this utility. I don't think
> they give it out to the public though.

But why woudln't they ? Would be a good arguement for not wasting code
space in the Max for such decoder if they made the decoder utility
available. And please, NO DOS executable only ;)

Anyway, the basic reference to decode the stuff is Q.931 from the ITU.
Please search the archive of this mailing list for how to get it, every-
thing has already been said and we should not repeat it in the open
too often ;)

BTW, if you are interested in a not yet complete pre-alpha prototype of
a Q.931 decoder have a look at:

http://www.ibh.de/~beck/stuff/dtrace/

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |