(ASCEND) Question regarding modem card arrangement

Just a quick question.  Has anyone encountered any problems with having
K56 modem-16 cards in a staggered arrangement in a MAX4048?  I'm thinking
that putting one in the middle slot on the left and the other two in the
top and bottom right-hand slots might result in better air circulation &
heat distribution...  Perhaps the opposite arrangement might work better
(I haven't opened it up to see where components such as the CPU are)?

melange@yip.org - "Slightly tacky but completely entertaining"