(ASCEND) Switching to Ascend MAX

Hi all,

I'm having quite a hard time switching from our Livingston Portmaster 2eR to
a MAX 4030(2 PRIS).

I'll be using the PRI's for dial-in only (hunt group), and the serial wan
port for connection to our leased line to the NET.

I haven't yet began to configure the PRI's, but for now I need to have the
portmaster answering/authorizing calls and routing them to the MAX that then
will route to the internet through the leased line.

My understanding of the configuration menus is still on the novice level,
but I need to put the MAX connected to our leased line here ASAP.

It's a "plain PPP" leased line at 64K, I have configured the Wan port for
1K*64, activation Static and Nailed Group 3...
There's no auth of any type, I tried to make a connection in the
Ethernet->Connections profile but it won't let me save the parameters
because it must have a recv PW (I can disable Send PW but not recv PW) in
the Encaps options.

I have the Maxxen connected to the telco DSU unit via a v35 cable (much like
the Portmaster).

Searching through the manuals I only see examples for Serial Wan port Frame
Relay connections, so I'm stuck.

Anyone can help me? Am I missing something really stupid?

Many Thanks,

Sergio Santos,
ssantos@netlandia.pt