(ASCEND) Max not routing (fwd)

Once upon a time Jake Messinger shaped the electrons to say...
>subnet as a couple of Lucent PM 3's. So anyway, I have the users set up in
>radius to get a framed address of 255.255.255.255 so it assigns an address

I think you typo'd that, since I know you know better. :-)
255.255.255.254 is the value to assign an IP, 255.255.255.255 lets the user
pick their own IP.

>win 98 box dialing in and it claims that the netmask is 255.255.255.0. Why
>is it doing this?? There should be no netmask.

That's windows.  Remember, PPP does not say anything about netmasks, and
windows will just stick on a netmask.

>things? Can I not assign remote ips on the max that are considered local to
>its ethernet? Do I have to put the max in a different subnet than the ip
>addresses I assign to the dial in users?

You should be able to assign IPs that reside within the same subnet as the
ethernet interface.

-MZ
--
<URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me..