Re: (ASCEND) Ascend box hacked or spoofed?

>From: Adam Neat <adamneat@kryten.ipax.com.au>
>
>a client of ours appears to have their connetion stall EACH night between
>9pm and 11:30pm.
>
>We have lots o other connections on our particular router and they dont
>have problems.

This one again. Take a look at who can see what when the problem is
occuring. Can they see the Max 4k on their own Ethernet during the problem?
Can they ping other active connections on the 4k, both via Ethernet and
from the Maxen's terminal? Perhaps one of their clients logs in at a
specific time and inadvertantly takes the Maxen's IP, or one of the DNS's.
Etc., etc. Time to pore over all the logs looking for correlations.

We had a problem where our Max 4k would sporadically drop off the Ethernet.
It'd act like it had reset, dropping all it's connections, etc., but uptime
wouldn't change. Drove me crazy. We finally traced it to a failing Ethernet
card in a colo'd NT box by watching for errors on our Ethernet switch. Just
to give you an idea of how many things can cause problems. :-/

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/