Re: (ASCEND) MAX4048, 6.0.2, and deaf Telnet

>What error message does telnet report when you try the MAX?
>
>For example, is it similiar to:
> (a) telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
> (b) telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out
> (c) telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

(c) telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

If I do a port scan on the Max, port 23 does not respond.

>Are you seeing any error messages in the syslog messages when you try to
>telnet to the MAX?

Nope. What level of messages should I have it turned up to?

>Can you telnet from the MAX to another host?

Nope.

>You might check the Termsrv "show tcp connection" information.  Is there
>anything unusual?

I have not looked at that yet. I will and if there is anything unusual, I
will post it here.

>Since you are still able to get console access to the MAX, have you checked
>the Diagnostics fatal-history log?

Yes. There is nothing relating to telnet here. The last entry is from when
the server rebooted when I upgraded to 6.0.2.

>From what I can tell, it simply appears as if the telnet "service" simply
just died. If this was Windows NT, I'd just restart the service. Is there a
way to do that with the Max?

Thanks,
Marcel