Re: (ASCEND) MAX4048, 6.0.2, and deaf Telnet

> I upgraded my 4048 to 6.0.2 last Sunday. Everything was working great until
> Friday morning, when I couldn't Telnet into my Max. I can still dial into
> the Max, and the VT420 that's connected to the serial port still shows the
> configuration screen.

What error message does telnet report when you try the MAX?

For example, is it similiar to:
 (a) telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
 (b) telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out
 (c) telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

Are you seeing any error messages in the syslog messages when you try to
telnet to the MAX?

Can you telnet from the MAX to another host?

You might check the Termsrv "show tcp connection" information.  Is there
anything unusual?

Since you are still able to get console access to the MAX, have you checked
the Diagnostics fatal-history log?