Re: (ASCEND) ip address pool leak on TNT

Hello Guys,

I've been experiencing the same one, and spent time too with Ascend guys...
At the end (but this is one I have to check), we found it to be related
to a config. option, and switching this option to its other value (if
it is not important for you) did solved the problem.

Sorry, I'm at home at the moment and can't give you more details,
but it might be worse that I check for details tomorrow at the office, huh ?

Regards,
Paul

PS : BTW, wasn't it solved in 2.0 ?

Dans son message (In his/her message), Jason Nealis ecrivait (wrote) :

>  I've got the same problem, and have the same problem since the
> first day I installed my TNT, I have spent days/weeks/months along
> with Ascend engineering in trying to figure out why in my environment
> TNT's would leak Wan Pool addresses, Either way, We still haven't
> found the cause yet, But Ascend did supply a release to me that
> has an internal accounting process, The TNT pretty much runs a clean
> up on IP addresses once every five or so minutes, If it sees that an
> IP address has not been properly put back in the pool it will manually
> place it back in the wan pool. (Please ask Ascend for this release).
>
> Jason Nealis
> Director Internet Operations
> Network Access
> Erols Internet
>

> On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Mickey Coggins wrote:
>
> > I know there is a TR open on the problem of TNTs not freeing up IP
> > addresses, and I am confident it will be fixed, but I am suprised that
> > others don't have the same problem.  Is there some setting that can
> > help me not have to assign thousands of IP addresses to each TNT?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mickey
> > ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> > To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
> > To get FAQ'd:	<http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>
> >

> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++

Paul Rolland, rol@oleane.net
OLEANE SA/Service Technique/Directeur Technique Adjoint
OLEANE SA/Technical Service/Deputy Technical Manager

--

Support technique et operationnel Oleane :  support@oleane.net
Test du mail                             :  ping@oleane.net

Please no MIME, I don't read it - Pas de MIME, je ne le lis pas
Please no HTML, I'm not a navigator - Pas d'HTML, je ne suis pas un navigateur

"I hope some day you'll join us, and the world would be as one" - J. Lennon