(ASCEND) MAX ISDN Dial-Out

I have a problem geting a MAX 4000 to communicate with a Cisco 2503i.
The problem is - for some reason - sometimes - the MAX does not want
to make an ISDN call to the Cisco even if the Cisco is pinged locally
from the MAX. I cannot se it even tries to make the call. At other times
it dials as expected and the connection is establised.
Furthermore it happens that the connection is broken even if data flows on
the link. The routing in the MAX is OK, and there are no other profiles
using the same addresses and so.

My setup:

Local end: MAX 4000 running 5.0Ap33 (5.0Ap13 tried alos withut any
difference)
Remote end: Cisco 2503i running 11.2(9)

A local connection profile is activated on the MAX. It uses MPP and
STAC 9, which both seens to work.

The dialer timeout on the MAX is quite low - 15 secs.

If somebody has some experience with this sort of problem please help me.

Thanks.

Best regards

Henrik Vestergaard
Network Manager