Re: (ASCEND) In Defense Of Ascend...

Nicole
	 This is the way I understand this.  You have a 128K frame-relay
circuit on this line and it keeps dropping after few minutes or hours.

I DON'T understand.   This is a frame-relay circuit, it's suppose to be
perminate connection.  There is a LMI keepalive that the router(P-130)
sends to PacBell(PB) Cascade 9000 switch.  Once LMI is established the
circuit should stay up unless there is some line problems or your router
is over utilising the bandwidth.

I have few questions.

I) Does the router disconnect from PB when telnet or ssh times out?

II) Do you stop passing traffic to your upstream?

III) Is this a new circuit or have you had for a while.?

IV) Have you changed the setting recently?

V) Who is your upstream and what equipment are they using?

VI) Are you over utilizing your bandwidth?

VII) are you using ssh/telnet to a site beyond the router.

What we must do is determine where the problem exist.  On the router or
the circuit.

Take care

Mohamed