Re: (ASCEND) [Q] Slow dialup authentication on MAX 4048

Hello

we have same problem with our Max 4060 with software revision 5ap42...about
30 sec to authenticate a user and starts a PPP session.
But nobody reported a disconnection...just a long waiting time.

The strange thing is that when i first started and configured my Max the
connection time was normal...5 - 10 seconds...it should be something i set
in the last times that caused this delay.

Do you have syslog active? maybe It's syslog the one to blame on...

I am investigating the problem...if you find the answer or if someone knows
why this happens pls let me know.

TIA

Regards

Rino Consolo
System Administrator
email: rconsolo@grisnet.it
---------
"Being right too soon is socially unacceptable"
"Aver ragione troppo spesso è socialmente inaccettabile"
---------
GrisNet - Internet Access & Service Provider
Via Umbria 14
04011 APRILIA (LT) - ITALY
http://www.grisnet.it
email: grisnet@grisnet.it