Re: (ASCEND) Static IP address for Pipeline 75

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Rex Issac wrote:

> I think I've asked this once before.  I have a Pipeline 75 and
> 3 workstations. Is it possible to configure them using 4
> static IP addresses from the same class C address.

Yes.  Since you said you don't want a subnet, you probably want to turn on
bridging of IP on the P75 as well as whatever is on the other end of the
link.

Note that bridging is rarely as easy to cope with as subnetting.

In general, it is NOT possible to have static IP's for the hosts on your
network and still get a dynamic IP from your ISP for the router.  Either
you will have to have all static IP's or you will have to use NAT.