Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2847] The r.g.n ejection debate

Eject is not the problem that has killed the game.  It's the negative
attitudes that many of the clue players display.  They have no patience
for newbies or people who may or may not be as skilled as them.  In fact,
I was pondering an idea of a newbie server.  That is, a server that is
devoted to people learning how to play netrek.  Once you achieve a certain
rank you are banned from the server (and clueful players would also be
banned).  But it would provide an environment where new players could
learn without such discouraging comments... as "You suck."  "Oh my god,
you read zero (0) on the clue meter."  Or the best ...
"You Have Been Ejected."