Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2847] The r.g.n ejection debate

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 01:07:22PM -0600, Andrew Paul Selle wrote:
> Eject is not the problem that has killed the game.  It's the negative
> attitudes that many of the clue players display.  They have no patience
> for newbies or people who may or may not be as skilled as them.

Why don't you go to Yahoo Games!, drop in to one of the advanced
cards or chess rooms and start playing like an idiot and see what kind
of attitude you get and how fast you get ejected.

>  In fact,
> I was pondering an idea of a newbie server.  That is, a server that is
> devoted to people learning how to play netrek.  Once you achieve a certain
> rank you are banned from the server (and clueful players would also be
> banned).

I don't think you need to ban good players; you just need to ban people who
insult new players on your "social" server.
 -Tom