[VANILLA-L:727] Re: [VANILLA-L:726] Re: [VANILLA-L:724] Paradise Client 2.01 patch 10 (generic) BORG?

Michael David Mcgrath wrote:

> I received several messages to the god.log from several different people
> stating that Paradise Client 2.01 patch 10 (generic) is a borg client.
>
> Anyone validate this ?
The way I have done this was to open xsg when I noticed the suspected player/client and watch them for a little while. I think we (this list) would have a much better idea of what a borg is and should be pretty easy to notice.

If it is a borg, nuke them and send me email and I'll comment out the key from the metaserver list. If I got a request to comment out a key from some random player I would be more weary. :-)

> If so how did it get a valid RSA key?

     It couldn't possibly have one without hacking.  Even if you
did hack/disable the "client outdated" feature, we changed all the keys
several times between 2.01 and 2.4.  2.01 is so old, it may not
even have the RSA expiration.  But it definately has a key that
hasn't appeared on the metaserver for years -- an unhacked client, that is.

So, should I remove all the 2.01 keys from the metaserver list? If they are that old I would like to clean them out of the metaserver's key list.

     Also, there are no "borg" features in any Paradise client
that haven't been thoroughly raked over in rgn.  If it does
something like autozapping plasma, etc.  It's not a "real"
Paradise client.

     -Mike

Nick
Follow-Ups: References: