[VANILLA-L:728] Re: [VANILLA-L:727] Re: [VANILLA-L:726] Re: [VANILLA-L:724] Paradise Client 2.01 patch 10 (generic) BORG?

> > > If so how did it get a valid RSA key?
> >
> >      It couldn't possibly have one without hacking.  Even if you
> > did hack/disable the "client outdated" feature, we changed all the keys
> > several times between 2.01 and 2.4.  2.01 is so old, it may not
> > even have the RSA expiration.  But it definately has a key that
> > hasn't appeared on the metaserver for years -- an unhacked client, that is.
> >

> So, should I remove all the 2.01 keys from the metaserver list? If they are
> that old I would like to clean them out of the metaserver's key list.

     There may be a few architectures which never had later versions of
the client compiled for them.  If Bob could get information on what
kind of machine this "borg" was running on, you could have an answer
to this question.  If it's a common machine with a modern client, sure.

     The only way that a Paradise 2.01 "borg" could exist WITH a valid
key would be via hacking, or some guy who compiled a 2.01 client for
a wacky architecture has never recompiled the latest source, and has
decided making borgs with his ancient RSA key would be "pretty cool".
In that case, you should remove the key.  I feel pretty certain that
99.99% of all people who play with Paradise clients wouldn't mind if
you removed keys for all clients less than 2.3, patchlevel 10.

     The last 0.01% would be the borg-user(s) in question.

     -Mike
+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++