TCLUG Archive

RE: [TCLUG:1704] swap partition question

As I recall, you are correct in that you don't *have* to reboot after
changing partition info with fdisk, but the manuals for both RedHat and
Slackware (as well as the prompts from fdisk, I think) will tell you that it
is still a good idea. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why they suggest
that, but I can generally spare an extra 2 minutes rebooting even on my
slowest 486 to remove any risk.

Neal