TCLUG Archive

Syntax for hosts.equiv

Good morning,

Well, I've tried every idea given so far, but I haven't got this print
server working quite yet. I know it's probably some little thing. Mike
Hicks suggested that there needs to be an entry in the hosts.equiv or
hosts.lpd file for the machine I'm printing from. I added the IP address
of the box on my desk to the hosts.equiv file on the print server, but
that doesn't seem to do anything.

Does anyone know what the syntax should be for the hosts.equiv file?
Here's mine:

[wilson@pascal /etc]$ cat hosts.equiv
10.22.100.50

I can't any more info about this file anywhere. Ideas?

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your