TCLUG Archive

raidtools

I have read over the raidtools documentation and I have the following
question.

If I have /dev/md0 being made of /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 working just
fine, now I get another drive /dev/sda3. I wish to add /dev/sda3 to
/dev/md0, can I do this without having to mkfs on the /dev/md0?

According to the FAQ it looks like I have to, which sucks because that
is 16Gb of data I will be erasing :-)

I ask because the README and FAQ are talking about 0.31 and I am
running 0.42. Anyone with expirence on this?