TCLUG Archive

RE: [TCLUG:1149] Anyone got MediaOne express?

actually.. it's external, has an ethernet port, and works great with linux..
it's static IP i belive and it works great with ip_masq..
(just don't tell the cable tech you are doing that.. :)

for some reason they are VERY picky about how they install it.. the tech forces
you to use a win95 box to install it on.. no option, and they have to install
it.. very strange policy... no way am i letting some cable guy touch my
puters!*#@$*@#  hehe :)

On 13-Sep-98 Steve Siegfried wrote:

> Gang,
>
> Just a quick check before I do it the hard way...
>
> Anyone got MediaOne Express with the SB1200 cable modem working
> for Linux yet?
>
> thanks,

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)