TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:759] Adaptec AHA2940U2W

Serge,

That's an Ultra 2 Wide, isn't it? If I understand correctly, those are
fairly new-ish, and thus there may not yet be drivers for Linux for them.
However, most other Adaptec SCSI controllers are supported under Linux,
and I thought I remember reading about Adaptec deciding to release specs
to Linux driver writers. I could be wrong. But in any event, I would
imagine that a driver is forth-coming, as Adaptec gear is popular and
widely installed. Try posting on comp.os.linux.hardware, or some other
appropriate newsgroup? You might get something.

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/