TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:18254] Dual headed video cards

On Sun, 28 May 2000, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> > At the price and performance you get from the trusty millenium IIs, I'd go
> > for it and spend $10 to get a second display.
>
> $10 for what? The MII's? Gimmie. ;)

Ive seen them on clearence lists.  They might be gone <:-)

> I actually have a PCI 16mb 3dfx Banshee I'd be willing to swap for
> something that generates less heat as well as something thats more
> multihead friendly under MS OS's...

> Can't get WinME to do multihead with the banshee as secondary, I suspect
> 3dfx's drivers are stupid.

Not a limitation of win98.  That's a limitation of the banshee.  The
hardware designers were ignorant about setting the hardware up to be
relocatable, so the card simply gets turned off by the system bios.

> I'm told W2K won't do multihead with S3's. So those are out. :P

Same here.

> So I'm looking for Millenium II's or maybe TNT1s... :) (Three screens,
> oooh yes. ;)

I dunno about the Nvidia chips' abilities to relocate.  YMMV here.

-David